Our mission is to educate and support women and minorities in accessing and participating in the justice system.
The Oregon Women Lawyers Foundation has a proud history of making grants to people and organizations committed to providing greater access to the justice system for women and minorities.
The Foundation is also very proud to offer the Vernellia R. Randall Bar Exam Grant, which provides selected applicants with the $625 fee required to register to sit for the Oregon State Bar exam and additional funds to assist in preparation for the exam. The Vernellia Randall Bar Exam Grant is available to single custodial parents with children under the age of 18. The Foundation will award up to two grants a year. In reviewing applications, the Grant Committee will heavily consider the ages and number of children of the applicant. Special consideration will be given to students with children under the age of 6. The recipient must be in her or his final year of law school at the time she or he receives the Bar Exam Grant.
The deadline to apply for the February 2015 Bar Exam is October 30, 2014. The deadline to apply for the July 2015 Bar Exam is March 30, 2015.
To apply, email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– Your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
– The name of your law school.
– Identify which state bar exam you intend to take.
– Identify how many children you are caring for as the single custodial parent?
– Identify the ages of your children.
– Note the number of hours you need childcare each week.
– Provide a paragraph describing how you fit the grant criteria described above.
The bar exam grant is named in honor of Vernellia R. Randall who has made a lasting contribution to the Foundation and is playing a significant role in the efforts to give women and minorities greater access to the justice system.
Copyright 2013 Oregon Women Lawyers Foundation - Web Page By Adam J. Brittle